Friday, May 15, 2015

The Economics of Roger Moore

I saw the link to this article (http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2014/12/02/the_economics_of_roger_moore_the_greatest_bond_of_them_all_101412.html)on the internet. And the sucker that I am, of course clicked it, and enjoyed the next few minutes of my life. The quote from his new book " One Lucky Bastard" goes:

"When I started playing Bond it became apparent, in 1977, that I would have to leave the UK if I wasn't to pay ninety-eight per cent tax on my salary: an actor's life in the spotlight is short, so we need to look after our pennies, and that's why I decamped to Switzerland with its lovely snow-capped tax benefits."

The quote above from Roger Moore gives a semblance of how John Galt (of the Atlas Shrugged fame, by Ayn Rand) decided to leave the politicized society and established a separate objectivist society in a faraway hidden valley. Ah. He may not be my favorite James Bond (as I do like the swagger of Pierce Brosnan), but I will definitely hunt for this book.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment